Monday, March 4, 2013

A NEW AG DRESS

My latest American Girl Doll dress is a donation that I am making to our local library.  The library has an Addy doll that they plan to let patrons check out just like a book.  They needed some clothes to go along with Addy on her travels so I made one from some of my stashed fabric.  When she is "checked out" a little Journal will travel with her so the children can write down their adventures with Addy.  I love that idea and am so glad to be able to participate.  Enjoy the photos.......the sewing machine belonged to my grandmother's mother.



The pattern is the 1850's dress pattern from Keepers Dolly Duds.


The back buttons and is tied with a little sash.  (Which is a big pain to turn inside out!!!)



Just finished the bodice......



Finished dress on my new doll dress form.



No comments: