Friday, December 4, 2009

RUFFLES

What are these, you say? Little crepes? Little pancakes? No, they are 3" round pieces of cream felt..............








And what are these? Little fortune cookies? No, these are the 3" circles of felt, folded in half and then pinched in half again and held together with little stitches.






This is the result of sewing 75 pinched white circles in four rows. What is it you ask? This is the top of a pillow I am making for my niece for Christmas. I will post a photo of the finished pillow soon........Isn't this a cool pillow top? I can't wait to finish it. I plan to put a zipper in the back so the pillow can be cleaned. The finished size should be about 14" x 18". I think I hear my sofa saying "Make me one!"




6 comments:

Lisa said...

How cool!!! What a lot of work, but it will be so great!

Lisa said...

Hey Kathi! I get the honey granules at Bread Beckers

Lisa said...

Kathi,
Here's the link to the left-handed crochet tutorials.
http://crochet-mania.blogspot.com/2009/12/crochet-snowflake-6.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FKpXz+%28The+Art+of+Crochet+by+Teresa%29

Becky said...

Really cute Kathi. But wouldn't it be cuter if it was Orange!! ;)

k. fly said...

Oh so beautiful! Why am I not home to make this with you?!

Kathi Fly said...

Becky,
The original pillow IS in orange:
http://www.etsy.com/storque/how-to/how-tuesday-pillow-with-rosette-clusters-from-felt-furnishin-5095/

But just not in the shape of a "C" :)