Sunday, December 6, 2009

PRESENTING.............PRESENTING...............Our Remodeled Guest Bathroom!

This was one of those projects you start because of one small little problem. In our case, we previously had water damage in the ceiling of the guest bath shower. My son made the statement, "I can fix that!". And, so he did! He replaced the ceiling sheetrock and it looked great! We needed to repaint the ceiling and I thought, we might as well repaint the whole bathroom.............




Pull out the masking tape......................



And so here is the finished product below..........After we painted, I thought why stop there? I've always wanted a tile floor in here. My son said, "I can do that!"



Bryan chisels out the old white builder's tile in the shower area and removes the toilet.



He then rips up the old 14 year old (5 year warranty) carpet in the powder room.




The concrete backing board goes in next.



Then the mortar and laying the first tiles.


Luckily, he has a friend with a wet saw that allowed us to borrow it for a while. Bryan was doing this remodel in the evenings after work and on the weekends. Here you can see where he cut the tile to fit exactly under the door jambs. There are things you don't think about when you say, "Hey, I bet we can lay bathroom tile. It can't be that hard."



Adding the grout..........


More grout, and more grout...........my husband was a little freaked out when he saw this step!


Father - son bonding and cleaning the grout from the surface of the tile.



Now that the tile looks so wonderful, it sure would be nice to have one of those curved shower curtain rods like they have in hotels. It really adds a lot more room in the shower! Sweet!



And my favorite, although I won't tell my hardworking son or husband, is the toilet paper holder that isn't falling off the wall!


Finished bathroom with new paint, fixtures, shower curtain rod, tile floor and trim. The toilet doesn't leak anymore and the ceiling is repaired and the paper holder is securely installed!
Thanks to my wonderful son and husband for all of their hard work. It turned out beautifully and they did such a good job. Now, you are all invited to come and visit.............

Ummm, there is a stain on the kitchen ceiling that needs repairing and while you're there, would you mind measuring the countertops????


2 comments:

Lisa said...

It looks wonderful! Love the curved shower rod and the color of the tile!

Becky said...

Looks fantastic Kathi! May I borrow your son for a while?