Wednesday, August 18, 2010

MORE YUMMY SOCKS

First off, I FINALLY received my camera (Canon Rebel T1i) back from 1st aid at Canon. Back in June, I walked outside, tried to take a photo and it locked up on me. I ended up having to send it back to Canon and they had to replace the complete shutter. So, it's like getting a completely new camera. After one complete month without my camera I'm so glad to have it back. Voila!

A new pair of socks on the needles in this Textured Adult Pattern from The Big Book of Socks by Kathleen Taylor. I'm using a Dream in Color yarn with a little speck of silver that I purchased from my lovely yarn shop, The Whole Nine Yarns in Woodstock. Can't wait to wear these for Christmas. The silver gives it just that little extra oompf of sparkle to make them stand out.


And the pair below is knitting up so soft and cushy I want to definitely keep them..........but I'm not. They are another Christmas present. Pattern is a K3P1 rib using a Dream in Color worsted weight yarn in yummy ocean colors I purchased from The Whole Nine Yarns, again. These will feel so warm and cuddly on a cold night in front of the fireplace, curled up reading a book and drinking hot chocolate. Come on winter.........................


1 comment:

Lisa said...

beautiful! I'm with you...I'm ready to wear my cabled hat!