Friday, September 11, 2009

WE REMEMBER

Today we remember.
These are photos I took of Ground Zero on my trip to New York City this past July. I think they speak for themselves. The city is so full of life with it's hustle and bustle, but when you pass through this glass breezeway looking down on Ground Zero you can't help but sense the reverence for this place. No one spoke. People were walking around, on their way to work, stopping to pay homage, taking photos, gazing, but they were all silent. The construction workers were busy with their cranes, firetrucks speeding by, police directing traffic, tourists peeking through the tarps on the fences. All with heavy hearts honoring the fallen and paying tribute to the many lives lost on September 11, 2001.













1 comment:

Lisa said...

Wow! I remember when I lived in NJ and took the Staten Island Ferry with my friends when I was 15 years old. We went to the World Trade Center and looked up at amazement at how big it was. I don't know if you knew this, but Fred was a NY firefighter. He lost a friend in the attack. Thanks for posting these pictures!