Sunday, March 24, 2013

Lowly Worm - make one yourself!

Lowly Worm was one of my children's favorite characters when they were little.  We read all of the Richard Scarry books and poured over every picture and word.  I saw these Lowly Worms made for a little boy's birthday party and have kept that idea in my mind for quite a while.  I finally got around to making one............presenting..............LOWLY WORM.............



If you want to make one yourself, you can find the pattern from the original Richard Scarry Make It Book here.  I tweaked the pattern just a little bit.  I made the torso shorter because I thought it just looked too long and out of proportion to the whole body.  I added a little felt bow tie and google eyes, only because I had some and I didn't want to stitch the eyes on.


I think he is adorable!



No comments: