Thursday, January 19, 2012

Gettin' Ready for........



my CRAFTERNOON that I'm hosting this Saturday.  I've invited several people over to do some Valentine crafting.  Thought I'd put a quick little preview up.  The first is a quick little Valentine's Day garland that can be hung from a window (please don't pay any attention to the ugly poles in the background) or it would be cute hung from your mantle.  I used several different papers, printed music and then stamped letters onto the last layer and joined it with ribbon.  




We are also going to make these Sweetgum Ball Glitter Stars.  I made them in silver for Christmas but thought a bunch in red would be pretty for Valentine's Day.  (note to self:  Save these for next Christmas!)



And last but not least, a Felt Petal Heart Wreath.  I haven't quite finished this one yet, but I guess that's the whole idea of a Crafternoon.....to learn, swap ideas and play around.  I needed a base for my Heart Wreath.  Joann's was sold out of the foam wreaths (which cost $4.99 and I didn't really want to spend any $$$).  So I found a piece of foamcore board which I had bought at a damage sale for 47cents .  I cut it into an 8" heart shape and hot glued the felt petals onto the base.  I'll hang it with a sheer ribbon - maybe in my kitchen window!


No comments: