I've been in the mood to do a little sewing lately. I want to make a few cut summer tops so I scoured the internet to see what people liked and what was EASY. I came across a MADE BY WENDY top that I really wanted but it is no longer available. Then, I found this Simplicity Lisette pattern. I stopped by Joann's and picked up the pattern and this batik fabric.
I cut it out this afternoon.
And started sewing. I still need to add the sleeve cuffs and neck trim. Stay tuned and I'll post the finished top tomorrow. So far I really like the way it is coming together. Although the fabric I chose doesn't show off the details, it is constructed nicely with a little gather in the front and just one button in the back.