Wednesday, May 5, 2010

MY FIRST SWEATER

Well........it's starting to look like a sweater! This little sweater pattern is the reason I wanted to learn how to knit. A friend of mine made this same pattern in yellow for my daughter when Kelly was a baby. It was my favorite sweater because it zipped up the back and little Kelly couldn't take it off. I had a hard time trying to find the pattern and finally wrote to my friend. She still had the pattern...............after 27 years!!!! Now, I'm making one for a special little boy. My friend Jenna, from The Whole Nine Yarns helped get me started. I have about 4 inches left to knit. I'll post a "finished" photo after I sew the side seams, insert the zipper and block it. This size is 12 months, made with "Dream in Color" Blue Lagoon which is a 100 % superfine Australian merino superwash wool. It is so soft and the color is yummy!



1 comment:

Lisa said...

NO WAY!! That I-S--A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!! I can't wait to see it in person!