Sunday, November 8, 2009

WHAT'LL YA HAVE?

Before the Georgia Tech - Wake Forest game yesterday we HAD to stop off at the Varsity..........along with 3000 of our closest friends. Just walking through those doors, smelling the fried onion rings and fried apple pies, seeing the chili being dumped on the dogs and burgers and hearing the FO machine just made my cholesterol jump a few hundred points! Knowing the ambulances were lined up outside ready to take you to Piedmont Hospital in case of a heart attack reassured me and I ordered my burger, rings and an FO. For those of you who have never been to the Varsity across from the Georgia Tech campus, it is an Atlanta landmark you should not pass up on your next visit! We ordered ours to go, walked through the tunnel under I-75 and parked ourselves on a bench close to the stadium. We ate every last fried crumb. BTW, "FO" stands for Frosted Orange. Our day ended with a victory over Wake 30-27 in overtime!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Yay Varsity! Boo GT beating My Demon Deacons!!!!

I said some very non-Baptist words as we listened to the overtime radio broadcast. ;)

Lisa said...

Ahhh, I can just taste it!! Love the Varsity!