Friday, November 13, 2009

BEACH WEDDING

I'm off this morning to my niece's wedding down by the sea. Jenny and Alejendro wanted to get married in Colombia, the groom's home country, but they decided to compromise and get married near Destin. It will be a small wedding, only close family and the bride's friends. To save money they decided to make their own wedding invitations, etc. Jenny is very talented and is restyling a vintage 70's wedding dress. I can't wait to see it! She also made ALL of the bridesmaid's dresses.....each in a different color.......aqua, gold, fucia, and sage green. My great niece, Tai, who is 3 will also be in the wedding. It will all be very casual and take place on the beach. Casual attire with flipflops required! I'll be sure to take lots of pictures!


This is Jenny and Alejendro when he proposed to her last winter. Somewhere in downtown Atlanta by a "famous" bridge which is regularly painted with graffiti. Notice the "Jenny, will you marry me?" in Spanish above? You can see it snowing..........Jenny loves snow! Congrats to the happy couple.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Congrats to the Happy couple!!

How cool is that graffiti popping of the question?!

Have a safe journey and tons of fun!

Lisa said...

Sounds beautiful! Have a great time and I can't wait to see the pics! I bet the bride's vintage dress re-do is awesome!